Monday, September 17, 2007

Cheese, Please


Johnnycakes and I have taken a little hiatus from the kitchen due to more pressing matters that demand our time and attention. We have made a few snacks here and there but we haven't had time to make anything elaborate or blog about it. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will be a bit more forgiving but I doubt it. We are going out of town this weekend for our 1 year wedding anniversary!

We made a fattening chicken dinner cooked in olive oil again. I don't know what that says about us. I don't know what was the best part, the cheesy potatoes or the sauteed mushrooms? We tried to be remotely healthy by serving some steamed broccoli on the side. Come to think of it, I think tonight's meal was all about comfort food. We have been sort of stressed out lately and I think it shows through the quick and fattening meal we prepared.

It was still economical and tasty but it could have been healthier. That's two out of three and it's better than nothing!

1 comment:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Eh, you have to eat and most things that are tasty have some unhealthy components. It looks delicious.