Friday, October 26, 2007

Can't Take the Heat?

Poor curry dish. This poor dish has been neglected all week! I prepared it on Tuesday, ate it several times and this is the first time I've gotten around to mentioning it. This is the beef version of the chicken curry dish we made over the Summer using the Saras flavoring pack from my friend's mom. It really came in handy for me tonight when I got home from work and wanted something quick to eat. There was just enough for one portion and Johnnycakes was eating last night's leftovers.


This dish was ultra spicy. Fortunately, that's how I like it. I served some to my neighbor and she couldn't eat it because it was so hot. Johnnycakes even commented on the heat. Maybe I'm weird but I like it that way. I did mix in some sour cream to cool things down a bit. I also originally served it with brown rice but that ran out a couple of days ago. Johnnycakes seemed to favor flour tortillas over rice. He made a sort of Indian burrito, if there's such thing. To mix things up a bit, I added peanuts. I think it was pretty healthy too because I added tons of veggies; potatoes, onions, celery, carrots and yellow peppers.


Not too shabby for a Friday night meal! Quick, convenient and tasty!

No comments: