Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Quick Snack


Busy weekends for us usually mean lots of parties and people to visit and this weekend was no exception. We haven't had any real reason to cook since we have plenty of leftovers hanging around and were invited to a couple of parties where there were lots of goodies to eat, including steamed Maryland blue crabs!!!

The only real meal we prepared at home were tuna melts for lunch on Saturday afternoon. I had prepared tuna salad on Friday evening while I was chopping veggies, etc. when I was making the Manhattan Clam Chowder. So on Saturday, we had a big bowl of tuna salad ready to go. I had picked up the new whole wheat Thomas's Bagel Squares at Wal Mart on Friday. Johnnycakes topped the bagel squares with the tuna salad and cheddar cheese and toasted the sandwiches in the toaster oven for about 5 minutes and walah (sp?).... A quick, cheap and healthy lunch! They were delicious.

The week ahead.... Sunday's also mean meal planning for the week in our house. I am feeling lazy and don't feel like going to the grocery store today but I should be able to pick up any little items we might need on my lunch hour or on my walk home from work. A convenient full-service grocery store and traditional public market with a produce section are both within walking distance from my house and work. We got a new Weber grill (YEAH!) so we are planning an inaugural meal tomorrow night of cheeseburgers. Let the fun begin! We will also probably prepare turkey sausage reubens, chicken curry, leftover frozen pork potstickers (a couple of cooks classic) and we will use a gift card on Friday night to eat dinner out on our way to the beach for Memorial Day weekend.... A little planning is all it takes!

No comments: