Last night, Johnnycakes and I hosted a mini neighborhood pot luck party at our house. Everyone pitched in a bit and we had an amazing dinner with food, drinks and fun! We threw this party together very quickly when a bunch of us neighbors decided on Tuesday night it would be a good idea to cook out with our new grill. With some haphazard planning, everyone volunteered to perform a task to round out the meal.
Last night, everyone brought something to eat or drink and it was party time! There were even a few surprises since everyone was worried there wouldn't be enough food.
- Homemade guacamole
- Chips and salsa
- Garden salad with homemade lime-cilantro dressing
- Beef Shish Kabobs w/ pineapple, peppers and onions
- Corn on the cob
- Spanish rice w/ peppers, tomatos and onions
- Homemade garlic mashed potatoes
- Fruit salad
- A storebought apple crumb pie
- Homemade Margaritas
As you can see, there was plenty of food! Now that we know we can pull one of these off without a hitch, we plan to throw more parties.